Thursday, February 6, 2014

Grandma Shelly's Chili Con Carne


  • 2 lbs. of Lean Ground Beef
  • 3/4 cup White Onion    (chopped)
  • 1 small Yellow Pepper  (chopped)
  • 6 Large Mushrooms     (Sliced )
  • 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp of Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp of Sea Salt
  • 1 tsp of Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp of Vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper 
  • 1/8 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
  • 1 cup of Salsa of your choice ( I use my Homemade Salsa )
  • 1 - 14 oz can of Kidney Beans or Beans in Tomato Sauce , or Both
  • 1 - 19 oz can of Diced Tomatoes  
Brown the Lean Ground Beef in Oil of your Choice ( I use Coconut Oil ), add chopped Onion ,Yellow Pepper, and sliced Mushrooms , cook to blend flavours and then put into your slow cooker and the remaining ingredients , and let it simmer away !  I love my Chili Con Carne served on top of rice ! Great Meal for a cold Canadian Night !

No comments:

Post a Comment